Programs and organizations that bolster the capacity of socially-engaged artists.
- Alternate Roots ROOTS Week
- Cornerstone Institute Summer Residency
- Highlander Center
- Intercultural Leadership Institute
- The Laundromat Project’s Create Change Program
- Urban Bush Women’s Summer Leadership Institute
Resources that aid artists in designing projects with impact, as well as tools for assessment and evaluation.
- Active Voice Lab, Research
- Animating Democracy. Aesthetic Framework for Social Justice-Oriented Art. Evaluation Learning Lab. 2015.
- Animating Democracy. A Values Guide to Evaluating Arts & Social Justice Work. Evaluation Learning Lab. 2015.
- BritDoc. The Impact Field Guide and Toolkit: From Art to Impact.
- Center for Artistic Activism. Measuring the Impact of Artistic Activism. In progress.
- The Culture Group. Making Waves: A Guide to Cultural Strategy.
- Manne, Liz. #PopJustice: Social Justice and the Promise of Pop Culture Strategies. 2016.
- Van Slyke, Tracy. Spoiler Alert: How Progressives Will Break Through With Pop Culture. 2014.
Additional tools, networks, and information about the landscape of socially-engaged art.
- Art x Culture x Social Justice
- Art & Democracy
- Alliance of Artist Communities. Social Practice Toolkits. 2015.
- Imagining America
- Kocache, Moukhtar. Framing the Discourse, Advancing the Work: Philanthropy at the Nexus of Peace and Social Justice and Arts and Culture. 2014.
- Springboard for the Arts. Irrigate: a toolkit for mobilizing local artists to solve problems in your community.
- Community Arts Network Archive